Alaska Native Voices
Position: Logistics Coordinator, ANV
Reports to: Manager, ANV
Category: Regular Full-time
FLSA Class: Exempt
Salary Range: DOE
Location: During the season work is located in Juneau or other location as assigned
Icy Strait Point operates seasonally as Alaska's only private tourism destination/cruise port. Located in Hoonah, Alaska’s largest Tlingit village, it
is a renovated salmon cannery with a strong Tlingit cultural element.There are many opportunities for various outdoor excursions, whale and bear watching
tours, a Zip Rider, a Tlingit cultural theater, a wild Alaska cooking class, restaurants and shopping.Alaska Native Voices is the premier provider
of cultural guides in southeast Alaska.
Under the supervision of the Manager of ANV, the Logistics Coordinator is directly responsible to coordinate, supervise and implement every aspect
of travel arrangements for ANV guides and staff. Maintain and update profiles for ANV travel in accordance with applicable policies. Maintain queues
to assure approvals are attained as well as deadlines are met. Resolve organization travel related technical conflicts.The Logistics Coordinator will
inventory existing practices within ANV to establish a baseline for improvements, and then produce a prioritized list for implementation of programs
in these areas.These will include training, processes for implementation, and data to drive budget decisions. The position requires superior communication
and interpersonal skills, problem solving, short- and medium-term planning, and the ability to work with management and staff to identify areas for
cost reductions, improvements and/or enhancements and implement ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete cultural guide and other ANV travel and other reservations.
- Confirm availability plus convey tentative itinerary to respective traveler for approval.
- Confirm reservations, distributes tickets along with confirmations to traveler.
- Research on optimal travel alternatives.
- Coordinate, supervise and implement every aspects of travel arrangements for ANV staff with a laser focus on cultural guides and meeting required schedules.
- Maintain and update profiles.
- Maintain queues to assure approvals as attained as well as deadlines are met.
- Resolve organization travel related technical conflicts.
- Research and resolve all incorrect charges with respected to entire travel and other logistical aspects of all ANV programs.
- Review travel associated invoices as well as statements for accuracy plus codes for Accounts Payable.
- Ensure to compare invoices with genuine travel transactions to validate every charge.
- Identify most suitable as well as best quality service with reasonable possible rates.
- Collect information from travel agent and hotels vendors etc.
This job description is not comprehensive but provides examples of typical responsibilities for the Logistics Coordinator who is required to perform other
duties of a similar nature and level as in this description, as well as other duties necessary to carry out the goals and objectives of ANV and ISP.
- Excellent oral and written communication and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite of Programs and experience/working knowledge
- Ability to support the ANV manager, staff and cultural guides to ensure schedules and requirements are met.
- 5+ years experience a plus!
- Valid Alaska drivers license
- Ability to learn various programs so as to fill in as needed as a guide
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and stand and be on feet for long period.Jet travel is required as well as travel by small plane or ferry to
and from a remote setting.During the Cruise Ship season, the position works at the job site and must be able to walk and drive on gravel roads; be
willing to walk or drive in inclement weather and live in a rural village setting for part of the year.
Native Preference under P.L. 93-638
To apply visit http://alaskanativevoices.com/employment
Any questions may be directed to: Rachel Moreno firstname.lastname@example.org