OPERATIONS MANAGER: CITY, CULINARY, BEAR & HIKE
Reports to:Director of Tour Operations
Salary Range:$58,000 to $70,000 Salary with benefits, DOE
Coordinates operations of the Tribal Dance, City, Culinary, Bear and Hiking tours to ensure revenue and guest satisfaction standards are met.This individual
is responsible for overall operations, safety, maintenance, training, auditing and certifications for these tours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: Best, Authentic and Profitable Tour Destination.
- Train and manage staff to carry out a safe and informative tour, to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Serves as coach to each member of the staff so they operate as an effective team.
- Provide periodic performance evaluations for staff for continued success.
- Responsible for ensuring Excursions Staff are educated and trained on safety and maintenance issues and have proper training on all equipment used;
conducts regular safety meetings.
- Is knowledgeable of and clearly communicates to staff all policies and procedures.
- Conducts safety drills at least twice per season to ensure all staff is knowledgeable and prepared.
- Knows all applicable laws, rules, procedures to keep busses and vehicles compliant. Including DEC regulations.
- Ensures that operations/maintenance are effectively performed including daily logs.
- Analyze current tour timetables and logistics to be able to increase product capacity as well as maintain capacity in master dispatch sheet and FareHarbor
(online reservation system).
- Work with sales team to build allocations for maximum productivity – sales and time management of staff.
- Monitor inventories of tour supplies and order as needed.
- Ensure all program supplies are available and equipment is in top condition.
- Monitor conditions of facilities and make suggestions for improvement.
- Meet with onboard Shore Excursions teams with update and product knowledge sessions.
- Minimum 10 years working in tourism industry, preferably in Alaska, with emphasis in safety and operations.
- Experience working with cruise lines preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience managing staff.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude for learning other computer programs.
- Outstanding customer service philosophy and practices.
- Must be able to conduct and deliver the tour content and narration for the following: City Tram Tribal, Culinary, Bear & Wilderness Hike
- Alaska State food handlers’ card or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High school or equivalent education with college degree preferred.
- Willing to submit to pre-employment, random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion of drug and alcohol testing.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Able to lift 25 pounds, stand for extended periods, and walk 5+ miles daily
- Willing to live in a remote, rural community for minimum of 7 months per year
- Comfortable traveling by small plane of ferry to and from a remote setting
- Able to walk and drive on gravel roads in inclement weather
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.O. 93-638.Applicants must have proof of legal authority
to work in the United States.
To Apply:Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 30,2019