OPERATIONS MANAGER: MARINE OPERATIONS
(WHALE VESSELS, ZODIACS, OCEAN RAFT, AND KAYAKING TOURS)
Reports to: Director of Tour Operations
Salary Range:$58,000 to $70,000 Salary with benefits, DOE
Coordinates operations of the Zodiac, Ocean Raft, Kayaking and Whale Watching tours to ensure revenue and guest satisfaction standards are met.This individual
is responsible for overall operations and safety, maintenance, training, auditing, and certifications for these tours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: Best, Authentic and Profitable Tour Destination.
- Train and manage staff to carry out a safe and informative tour, to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Serves as coach to each member of the staff so they operate as an effective team.
- Provide periodic performance evaluations for staff for continued success.
- Responsible for ensuring that the vessel’s overall condition and seaworthiness is continuously maintained, reporting to the Director of Excursions
any situation that may adversely affect the vessels satisfactory state of operations.
- Ensure all staff are educated and trained on safety issues and have proper training on all equipment used; conducts regular safety meetings.
- Is knowledgeable of and clearly communicates to staff all policies and procedures.
- Conducts safety drills once a month to ensure all staff is knowledgeable and prepared.
- Knows all applicable laws, rules and procedures to keep busses, vehicles and vessels compliant.
- Ensures that all USCG regulations are effectively followed and performed including daily logs.
- Analyze current tour timetables and logistics to be able to increase product capacity as well as maintain capacity in master dispatch sheet and FareHarbor
(online reservation system).
- Monitor inventories of tour supplies and order as needed.
- Ensure all program supplies are available and equipment is in top condition.
- Monitor conditions of facilities and make suggestions for improvement.
- Meet with onboard Shore Excursions teams with update and product knowledge sessions.
- Minimum 10 years working in tourism industry, preferably in Alaska, with emphasis in safety and operations.
- Experience working with cruise lines required, onboard or shoreside cruise line experience preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience managing staff.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude for learning other computer programs.
- Knowledge of all USCG regulations that pertain to all ISP Vessels, Captains and Deckhands.
- Outstanding customer service philosophy and practices.
- Must be able to conduct and deliver the tour content and narration for all Marine Operations.
- High school or equivalent education with college degree preferred.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Able to lift 50 pounds, stand for extended periods, and walk 5+ miles daily
- Willing to live in a remote, rural community for minimum of 7 months per year
- Comfortable traveling by small plane of ferry to and from a remote setting
- Able to walk and drive on gravel roads in inclement weather
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.O. 93-638.Applicants must have proof of legal authority
to work in the United States.
To Apply:Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 30,