PRODUCT SUPERVISOR MARINE OPERATIONS - PROGRAMS
Reports to: Director of Excursions
Salary Range: Starting at $24 per hour, DOE
Product Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of operating successful tours in their assigned Independent Business Unit, including productivity and
profitability.Product Supervisors will be responsible for reporting tour activity to management and holding their unit responsible for the highest
quality customer service and tour delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: Best, Authentic and Profitable Tour Destination.
- Duties& Responsibilities specific to Marine Operations:
- Ensure compliance with USCG laws and regulations
- Ensure the vessel’s overall condition and seaworthiness is continuously maintained, reporting to the Director of Excursions any situation that
may adversely affect the vessels satisfactory state of operations.
- Maintain the vessel’s filing system of USCG and other important documents as well as crew training records.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is done on all vessels in a timely manner
- Ensure vessels operate on time and in a cost-effective manner
- Product Supervisors will hire, train and supervise a specific team of employees
- Ensure customer service standards are met in assigned unit, including high quality and delivery of tour content
- Conduct weekly safety meetings related to their unit
- Responsible for keeping unit morale high
- Effective public speaking when addressing guests, crew or the public.
- Product Supervisors must be willing to work together to ensure the success of the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold at a minimum 25-ton USCG certification
- Knowledge of marine maintenance and care
- Must pass USCG pre-employment drug testing as well as random drug testing throughout the season
- Minimum 3 years working in tourism industry
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude for learning other computer programs.
- Outstanding customer service philosophy and practices.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Able to lift 25 pounds, stand for extended periods, and walk 5+ miles daily
- Willing to live in a remote, rural community
- Comfortable traveling by small plane or ferry to and from a remote setting
- Able to walk and drive on gravel roads in inclement weather
- Desire to develop a career at Icy Strait Point
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.O. 93-638.Applicants must have proof of legal authority
to work in the United States.
To Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com, no later than February