Reports to:Director of Tour Sales & Business Development
Salary Range:$58,000 to $70,000 Salary with benefits, DOE
This position manages and coordinates the sales of the Excursions Department to ensure revenue and guest satisfaction standards are met.This position oversees
the day-to-day sales operations of the Excursions Department. The successful candidate will be a creative, strategic thinker who works with the Director
of Tour Sales & Business Development and other supervisory staff to identify areas for improvement and who constantly achieves our company goals
to ensure revenue and guest satisfaction standards are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: Best, Authentic and Profitable Tour Destination.
- Build strong relationships with shipboard shore excursion staff.
- Communicates sales information and logistics to shipboard staff and trains staff to assist with these tasks.
- Manages cruise ships prearrival communications & sales, onsite excursion sales and logistics and serves as coach to each member of the staff so
they operate as an effective team.
- Supervises and trains sales staff in effective selling and upselling.
- Provide periodic performance evaluations of staff for continued success
- Is knowledgeable of and clearly communicates to staff all policies and procedures.
- Manages online FareHarbor reservation system and updates to prearrival sales from ships.
- Oversee communication and compliance of contracted tour providers.
- Oversee communication and follow through of charter group sales.
- Assist with allocations and proposals to cruise lines.
- Oversee settlement process and daily reporting to accounting department.
- Monitor inventories of supplies and order as needed.
- Ensure all sales supplies are available and equipment is in top condition.
- Monitor conditions of facilities and make suggestions for improvement.
- Conducts site tours for onboard staff and facilitates FAM trips.
- Minimum 10 years working in tourism industry, preferably in Alaska, with emphasis in guest services and operations.
- Experience working with cruise lines required, onboard or shoreside cruise line experience preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience managing staff.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude for learning other computer programs.
- Excellent Excel skills a must.
- Outstanding customer service philosophy and practices.
- High school or equivalent education with college degree preferred.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Able to lift 25 pounds, stand for extended periods, and walk 5+ miles daily
- Willing to live in a remote, rural community for minimum of 7 months per year
- Comfortable traveling by small plane or ferry to and from a remote setting
- Able to walk and drive on gravel roads in inclement weather
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.O. 93-638.Applicants must have proof of legal authority
to work in the United States.
To Apply:Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com, no later than November 30,