JOB TITLE: Shareholder Relations Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
CLOSE DATE: March 4, 2019
The position of Shareholder Relations Assistant reports to the Director of Administration.Supporting Shareholder Services will be the
primary function of the Shareholder Relations Assistant. On occasion and request of their supervisor, they will support the staff of Huna Totem Corporation
(HTC), Icy Strait Point (ISP) and Huna Heritage Foundation (HHF).The employee will have a wide variety of tasks with varying levels of difficulty.The
Shareholder Relations Assistant I is responsible for: 1) Supporting Shareholder Relations, 2) General receptionist duties which includes front desk
coverage for HTC and ISP and answering both main telephone lines; 3) providing direct primary office support as assigned to other staff of ISP, HTC,
and HHF; and, 4) other duties assigned of a similar nature and level or other duties that assists HTC in meeting company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Shareholder Relations Support Duties
- Responds to Shareholder inquiries in person or over the phone.
- Updates and maintains Shareholder Management System.
- Assists in the planning and execution of Shareholder and Board/Staff events.
- Prepares and assembles documentation for Shareholder processes such as: estate settlement, distributions, etc. for final review/processing by management.
Front Desk Duties
- Welcomes visitors and provides assistance.
- Answers the main telephone lines for HTC and ISP by the second ring and accurately directs calls and when messages are required, takes complete messages.
- Maintains a helpful demeanor at all times.
- Maintains front desk area in a professional manner (i.e. neat and well-organized).
- Strives to monitor staff member’s schedules in order to present a professional image when transferring calls, responding to inquiries, as well as for
- As the front line for HTC and its subsidiaries, strives to keep current about relevant company issues as to direct calls by the issue that is raised.
- Sorts, opens, scans, and distributes incoming mail for HTC, HHF, and ISP.
Daily/Weekly Office Support Duties
- Follows a daily procedure checklist for opening the office promptly by 8:00 a.m.
- Unlocks doors, checks for faxes and distributes them, restocks paper and ink in fax and copier machines, restocks used supplies, etc.
- Inventories and assists in ordering office supplies.Receives and restocks supplies.
- Uses office technologies for word processing and spreadsheet preparation and maintains a working knowledge of computer technology and M/S Office Suite
of Programs and other relevant software.
- Shreds used paper for recycling.
- Assists with filing according to company procedures, which includes creating new files as needed.
- Follows a daily procedure checklist for closing the office at 5:00 p.m.
- Locks doors and windows, turns off coffee maker, office equipment, and lights, etc.
Support for HTC, ISP and HHF Staff
Under supervisor approval, will work on projects for the following disciplines:
- The President and Chief Executive Officer
- Executive Assistant
- Shareholder Services
- Alaska Native Voices
- Huna Heritage Foundation
- Icy Strait Point
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and good judgment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of office procedures and office equipment.
- Good communicative, grammar, and writing skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- 2 Years of Administrative/Office Experience or Related Education Experience
- 2 Years of Customer Service Experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and sit for long periods. Some travel will be required.
Send completed job application and resume to:
Huna Totem Corporation
9301 Glacier Hwy, Ste 200
Juneau, AK 99801
Fax – 907-789-1896
E-mail – email@example.com
Print an application here.
Native Preference under P.L. 93-638.