Plan of Action

Huna Totem Shareholder,

Many of you have started inquiring about the Coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) and how this is impacting the way we conduct business.

Like most of you, we are following the news and social media; COVID-19 truly is a global public health issue. It requires our full attention to ensure our shareholders, board members, and management teams at Huna Totem and Icy Strait Point are taking appropriate measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are deeply focused on the health and safety of our elders and the community of Hoonah as well. Daily, we are working directly with our local government agencies, the State of Alaska officials, and reviewing the advisories from the CDC to maintain the right balance in all of our decisions.

As you are aware, this is a very fluid situation and is changing quickly. Thankfully, as of today, March 13, there are no diagnosed cases of COVID-19 in Southeast Alaska and only one in Alaska, and we all need to work together to prevent the spread of this disease. To be ever vigilant, Huna Totem is instituting the following CDC-recommended guidelines:

  • For the next four weeks, the Huna Totem office in Juneau will be closed to the public and will be limiting in-office activity for our staff. We are recommending all shareholders limit your exposure to group functions and confined spaces. If you have questions or concerns, please call or email rather than visiting the office. Multiple team members are monitoring all office communication. You will receive a timely answer.
  • Huna Totem will be restricting non-essential travel until further notice. Until such time that the virus is in remission and/or the CDC deems it safe to travel, management will not be traveling out of state. Additionally, we are limiting trips to and from Hoonah.
  • Huna Totem is constantly reviewing news and taking the latest recommendations seriously. We want to make sharing this information with our shareholders easier. Huna Totem established a direct link on our website with the latest and most valuable insights at Also, if you have questions about the virus or other timely issues, you can send an email to We are tracking and updating these emails and webpages minute-by-minute.

Help keep your Huna Totem family healthy. Review today. Huna Totem is also aware of your concerns regarding the health of our summer season at Icy Strait Point. We are actively engaged with Cruise Line Industry Association of Alaska (CLIAA), our cruise line partners, and the regional ports and tour operators that contribute to our season.

Putting first the health and safety of our shareholders, employees, community, and visitors, Icy Strait Point is making the necessary adjustments for the 2020 season. Construction of the gondola system is moving forward on schedule, and our prep teams are making progress daily. Despite a probable drop in bookings for Alaska sailings, we see no slowdown of our tour sales. With that said, changes to our season are outside of everyone’s control. With today’s announcement from Transport Canada, the closures of Vancouver and Victoria are delaying the start of the season to around July 1. This start date is likely to move. We will continue to keep you informed as more information becomes available.

Huna Totem is following the situation in real-time. We have contingency plans in place to ensure the safety of our employees and for our businesses. Please let us know if you have additional questions. We will continue to update and provide meaningful information as the situation changes.

Thank you.

Russell Dick                               Edward M. Davis
President/CEO                          Board Chairman
Huna Totem Corporation      Huna Totem Corporation